|Structure Type:||Study unit|
|Level:||Master of Health Care / Master of Social Services|
|Year of Study:||1 (2020-2021)|
|Responsible Teacher:||Häyry, Riitta|
|Language of Instruction:||Finnish|
Courses During the Academic Year 2020-2021
|5||S-SY-1Y||2019-08-26 – 2021-05-31||Riku Niemistö, Ulla Isosaari||Finnish||2019-08-19 – 2019-09-09|
|3001||SSY2020-1Y||2020-08-24 – 2020-12-20||Riku Niemistö||Finnish||2020-08-17 – 2020-09-11|
Still need to take the course? See the courses during the academic year 2022-2023.
The student knows how to
- act systematically and schedule his/hers own studying realistically
- set targets for his/hers studies and lead his/hers own actions
- identify different learning styles and routes for professional development
- use portfolio to support studies and as means for professional development
Total work load of the course 54 h, of which scheduled studies 14 h and autonomous studies 40 h.
The assesment of student's own learning 1 h is included in contact lessons.
- career ladder
- learning styles
- professional development
- portfolio as means for growth and professional development
The student reflects his/her own competence in accordance to his/her own organisation, which is usually local
The student reflects his/her own competence in accordance to internationality and multiculturality.
Recommended or Required Reading and Other Learning Resources/Tools
Material pointed out by the lecturer
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Contact teaching, guided network studies (Moodle) and independent studies.
Grade 1: The student
- makes a plan and timetable for his/her studies
- sets standard goals for the studies and manages his/her actions with guidance
- recognizes as an example different learning styles and paths for professional development
- recognizes as an example the purpose of a portfolio as a support for the studies and as a path for professional development
Grade 3: The student
- makes a justified plan for his/her studies
- sets personal goals for the studies and manages his/her actions almost independently
- recognizes different learning styles and paths for professional development and applies the knowledge partly in his/hers own context
- uses portfolio as a support in studies and as a tool in professional development and applies the knowledge partly in his/hers own context
Grade 5: The student
- acts systematically and completes the study attainments according the planned timetable
- sets analytical goals for the studies and manages his/her actions justifying the choices
- recognizes different learning styles and paths for professional development and applies the knowledge in learning and development with proper and analytic justifications
- uses portfolio as a support in studies and as a tool in professional development and applies the knowledge in his/hers own context with proper justifications
Portfolio 100 %, numeric evaluation (0–5).