Qualitative and Action Research
|Taso:||Tradenomi (ylempi AMK)|
Toteutukset lukuvuonna 2021-2022
|3001||IBM2021-1Y||23.8.2021 – 19.12.2021||Margit Mannila||Suomi||1.8.2021 – 6.9.2021|
The student knows the basic elements of qualitative research. The student is able to collect material using different qualitative methods. He / she knows the methods of analyzing and reporting qualitative data and is able to evaluate the suitability, strengths and weaknesses of qualitative data.
• material types
• the most common methods of qualitative research and is able to choose the most suitable method for one's own research
• the relationship between qualitative & quantitative methods
• the process and analysis of qualitative data
The student is familiar with the approach and methodological basic solutions of action research. He / she knows the typical application possibilities, strengths, challenges and weaknesses of action research, especially in relation to his / her own field of education. The student is able to draw up a small-scale action research plan.
• information interests, pragmatics, intervention and bringing about change
• agency, roles of actors, involvement and research ethics in action research
• data collection, principles of analysis and interpretation, and reporting methods
• trends: developmental job research; critical action research and community action research
3 Credits - 81 hours
1 credits 27 hours/students work