• understands the entrepreneurial process and the basic concepts related to it
• is able to join discussion related to entrepreneurship
• is able to analyze ones personal intrepreneurship and entrepreneurship skills and abilities
• can find business possibilities related to the megatrends and trends of the business environment and can use her or his creativity to utilize them in business creation
• is able to do a concrete business plan for a start up company and to start a company
• is able to control the process of operations so that the company is profitable
• understands how financial statements are prepared from book-keeping information and can assess the economic situation of a company based on the financial statements
Total work load of the course: 81 h
- of which scheduled studies: 27-30 h
- of which autonomous studies: 54-51 h
The assessment of student’s own learning 1h is included in contact lesson
Edeltävät opinnot / Suositellut valinnaiset opinnot
No prerequisites needed.
Basic concepts, possibilites and requirements of entrepreneurship, external and internal entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial process, own entrepreneurial attitude, impact of environment to entrepreneurship, business plan, operational processes in a company, financing of a company, the relation between financial statements and accounting information, evaluation of the financial state of a company, interaction between profitability, quality and productivity.
Blue Ocean Strategyn: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant Audible Logo Audible
Roger Wayne (Narrator), W. Chan Kim (Author), Renee Mauborgne (Author), Gildan Media (Publisher)
2015 Harvard Business Publishing Corporation
Other teaching material provided by the teacher.
Opetusmuoto / Opetusmenetelmät
Contact teaching, virtual teaching, teamworking using different group work methods, discussions, assignments, presentations.
1: The student is able, with guidance, to utilise the methods learnt during the study unit satifactorily.
3: The student is able to utilise the methods learnt during the study unit independently with good skills.
5: The student is able to utilise the methods learnt during the study unit independently and is able apply the learnt knowledge in new contexts in a creative way and exceptionally well.
Written exam or Learning Diary, assignnments, numerical assessment