Population Health Promotion
|Structure Type:||Study unit|
|Level:||Bachelor of Nursing|
|Year of Study:||1 (2023)|
|Responsible Teacher:||Saikkonen, Sanna|
|Language of Instruction:||Finnish|
Courses During the Year 2023
|3010||SH2022-1CK||2023-01-01 – 2023-04-30||Sanna Saikkonen||Finnish||2022-12-01 – 2023-01-10|
|3011||SH2022-1DK||2023-01-01 – 2023-04-30||Kirsi Lehtola||Finnish||2022-12-01 – 2023-01-10|
Student is able to apply topical research evidence and other evidence regarding health promotion when working with clients/patients. Student recognizes health risk factors of their clients/patients and is able to focus early support on those who need it (the viewpoint of health habits). Student recognized existing and future new threats of health (on population level) and is able to integrate them into health promotion of clients/patients.
Total work load of the course 80
- of which scheduled studies 39h
- of which autonomous studies 41 h
The assesment of student's own learning 1 h is included in contact lessons.
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
Principles of health and illness. Public health, health promotion and prevention, primary health care. Steering of health promotion with norms, resources and information. Ethics of health promotion. Association of health habits with health. Prevention of risk behavior and accidents, early recognition and focusing of support to people needing it.
Recommended or Required Reading and Other Learning Resources/Tools
Savola, Koskinen-Ollonqvist. Terveyden edistäminen esimerkein. Käsityksiä ja selityksiä. Terveyden edistämisen keskuksen julkaisuja -sarja 3/2005. Terveyden edistämisen keskus ry 2015. Soveltuvin osin.
Suomalaiset ravitsemussuositukset. - ravinto ja liikunta tasapainoon. Valtion ravitsemusneuvottelukunta. 2005. Edita Publishing Oy.
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lecture, practical exerices,learning diary, learning discussions, e-learning
the student is able to
- independently and with a client-oriented approach to identify the key factors that affect health
- finding, using and evaluating evidence-based research findings in developing nursing
- work independently and with a client-oriented approach with preventive work methods and promote health
The student is able to
- on own initiative to identify the key factors affecting health
- find and use evidence-based reserach findings
- work independenlty and prevent health problems, work with preventive health care and promote health
The student is able to
-under supervision to identify the key factors that affect health
- find and use evidence-based research findings
- under supervision prevent health problems, work with preventive health care and promote health
Assignment, examination, evaluation/ grading (0-5)