Communication in work communities
|Structure Type:||Study unit|
|Level:||Master of Health Care or Master of Social Services|
|Year of Study:||2 (2023-2024)|
|Responsible Teacher:||Kalliokoski, Eija|
|Language of Instruction:||Finnish|
Taking the course in advance? See the courses during the academic year 2022-2023.
The student knows
- the concept of communication and data management in work communities
- apply different communication methods
- identify and develop own communication skills
Total work load of the course 54 h, of which scheduled studies 12 h and autonomous studies 42 h.
The assesment of student's own learning 1 h is included in contact lessons.
- identification and development of student’s own communication skills
- working communities as environments for forcommunication
- constructive leadership communication
- communication in change
Recommended or Required Reading and Other Learning Resources/Tools
Material pointed out by the lecturer
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Contact teaching with practical training, independent and guided network studies.
Grade 1 The student
- describes as an example the role of communication reasoning and the meaning of target-oriented communication
- conceives his/her own communication and interaction skills
- describes as an example different aspects of communication in a working community.
Grade 3 The student
- describes communication reasoning and understands the meaning of target-oriented communication and applies the knowledge in a familiar context
- describes the level of his/her own communication and interaction skills and applies the knowledge in a familiar context
- is acquainted with communication in a working community and understands the meaning of it
Grade 5: The student
- knows how to analyze and evaluate his/her own communication and interaction skills and applies the knowledge in a new context
- is acquainted in many ways with communication in a working communities as well as internalized the meaning of building up the communication in a working communities
Accepted practice assignments, assignment with numeric evaluation (0–5).