Development of organizations
|Structure Type:||Study unit|
|Level:||Master of Health Care / Master of Social Services|
|Year of Study:||2 (2021-2022)|
|Responsible Teacher:||Koskinen, Ossi|
|Language of Instruction:||Finnish|
Courses During the Academic Year 2021-2022
|3002||SSY2020-2Y||2021-08-01 – 2021-12-31||Ossi Koskinen, Piia Uusi-Kakkuri||Finnish||2021-08-01 – 2021-09-06|
Still need to take the course? See the courses during the academic year 2022-2023.
- understands the premise of organizational change (management)
- understands the importance to perceive objectivily the current state of the organization and the focal role of the direction of the change
- evaluate the development needs at a work place and map different development methods
- illustrate which factors support or hinder the renewal of an organization
Total work load of the course 135 h, of which scheduled studies 24 h and autonomous studies 111 h.
The assesment of student's own learning 1 h is included in contact lessons.
- The definition of innovation management and change management.
- Regeneration and innovativeness of an organization.
- Plannning and implementing the change process
- The focal role of the upper and middle management in the organizational change
Recommended or Required Reading and Other Learning Resources/Tools
Material pointed out by the lecturer
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures and workshops 24 h, autonomous studying 111 h (yht. 135 h).
Level 1: The student
- describes some attributes of the principals of innovation and change management
- describes some attributes of the methods in working life development or innovation activities
Level 3: The student
- describes the methods of innovation and change management and applies this knowledge in a known context
- evaluates the development needs of a workplace and applies this knowledge in a known context
Level 5: The student
- Is able to evaluate extensively and anticipate the needs of change in working
Is able to evaluate in organized way the need for regeneration of an organization and apply the methods of innovation and change management in a new context with proper and analytic justifications
Autonomous course assignments and activity of participation to the course, numeric evaluation (0–5).