Nursing Research and Development II
|Structure Type:||Study unit|
|Type:||Compulsory / Basic Studies|
|Level:||Bachelor of Health Care|
|Year of Study:||3 (2016)|
|Responsible Teacher:||Melender, Hanna-Leena|
|Language of Instruction:||Finnish|
Courses During the Year 2016
|3||S-SH-3CK||2016-01-04 – 2016-04-30||Hanna-Leena Melender||Finnish||2015-12-07 – 2016-02-10|
|4||S-SH-3A||2016-01-04 – 2016-06-04||Anne Puska, Eija Kalliokoski||Finnish||2015-12-07 – 2016-02-10|
|5||S-SH-3VK||2016-01-04 – 2016-06-04||Anne Puska||Finnish||2015-12-07 – 2016-02-10|
|7||S-TH-3A, S-TH-3B||2016-08-29 – 2016-12-23||Marjo-Riitta Himanen||Finnish||2016-08-22 – 2016-09-19|
|8||S-SH-3A||2016-08-29 – 2016-12-16||Anne Puska||Finnish||2016-08-22 – 2016-09-19|
|9||S-SH-3B||2016-08-29 – 2016-12-16||Hanna-Leena Melender||Finnish||2016-08-22 – 2016-09-19|
Still need to take the course? See the courses during the academic year 2018-2019.
The student is able to apply the most common data analysis methods. The student is able to report study results/development work results orally and in writing.
Total work load of the course: 53 h
- of which scheduled studies: 26 h
- of which autonomous studies: 27 h
The assesment of student's own learning 1 h is included in contact lessons.
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
Prerequisites: Nursing Research and Development I, Communication in Nursing
Data analysis methods. Writing a research report or a development work report. Reporting study results or development work results orally in different occasions and in writing on different publication forums.
Recommended or Required Reading and Other Learning Resources/Tools
Kankkunen, P. & Vehviläinen-Julkunen, K. 2013. Tutkimus hoitotieteessä. 3. uud. p. Helsinki: WSOYpro.
Other additional material that will be pointed out at the beginning of the study unit.
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures 25 h, examination 1 h.
Grade 5: The student is able to
- describe the key methods for qualitative and quantitative data analysis and apply them
- report study results/results of a development work with a good written communication style, with a critical and analytic approach, and prepare a study report/development work report and its oral presentation producing a functional and coherent report
Grade 3: The student is able to
- describe some of the methods for qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- report study results/results of a development work with a good written communication style, partly with a critical and analytical approach, and prepare a working study report/development work report and its oral presentation
Grade 1: The student is able to
- name some of the methods for qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- report study results/results of a development work, and prepare a study report/development work report, and present it orally
Examination 50%, Assignment 50 %. Numeric grading 0-5.