Social and Health Services
|Structure Type:||Study unit|
|Type:||Compulsory / Basic Studies|
|Level:||Bachelor of Health Care|
|Year of Study:||1 (2014)|
|Responsible Teacher:||Honkaniemi, Teija|
|Language of Instruction:||Finnish|
Courses During the Year 2014
|2||S-SH-1A||2014-01-07 – 2014-05-30||Anne Puska||Finnish||2013-12-09 – 2014-03-14|
|3||S-SH-1B||2014-01-07 – 2014-05-30||Anne Puska||Finnish||2013-12-09 – 2014-03-14|
|4||S-TH-1B||2014-01-07 – 2014-05-30||Teija Honkaniemi||Finnish||2013-12-09 – 2014-01-10|
|5||S-SH-1VK||2014-09-01 – 2014-12-19||Teija Honkaniemi||Finnish||2014-08-15 – 2014-10-31|
|6||S-SH-1CK||2014-09-01 – 2014-12-19||Paula Hakala||Finnish||2014-08-15 – 2014-10-31|
|7||S-TH-1B||2014-09-01 – 2014-10-24||Paula Hakala||Finnish||2014-08-15 – 2014-09-21|
The student gets an overall picture of the politico-administrative system of social and health care and municipal administration and organizations as a part of it. Student gets to know central, international and national goals and programs of social and health politics and can apply them to the management and development context of social and health care services. The student masters processes of strategic work and knows how to act customer-oriented in different processes in service production.
Total work load of the course 52 h
- of which scheduled studien 26 h
- of which autonomous studies 26 h
Politico-administrative system of social and health care
• Social and health politics in the national and municipal level
• International and national strategies and areas of focus of social and health care
• Strategy-based actions
• The change of municipal operational environment
Recommended or Required Reading and Other Learning Resources/Tools
STM 2011, Sosiaalisesti kestävä Suomi 2020. Sosiaali- ja terveyspolitiikan strategia.
STM 2012, Sosiaali- ja terveydenhuollon kansallinen kehittämisohjelma KASTE 2012–2015.
Nivalainen & Volk 2002, Väestö ja hyvinvointipalvelut. Sosiaali- ja terveysministeriön julkaisuja 15.
Sutela, M. 2003, Sosiaali- ja terveyspalvelujen ulkoistaminen. Edita. Helsinki.
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures and seminars as contact teaching 26 h, literature examination or essee, independent and guided network studies
- the student can evaluate critically the politico-administrative system of social and health care and municipal administration as part of it.
- the student masters and can apply the strategy-based actions in management and development context of social and health care services
- the student understands the characteristic of the politico-administrative system of social and health care
- the student understands the starting points and processes of Strategy-based actions
- the student is familiar with the politico-administrative system of social and health care
- the student is familiar with central international and national targets and programs of social and strategy-based actions
Numeric evaluation (1–5).